[ejabberd] How to implement a bot accessing users' geoloc as an ejabberd module?

Vincent BARAT vincent.barat at ubikod.com
Thu Oct 23 17:22:03 MSD 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to implement a bot (as an ejabberd module) that needs to access to the geoloc information published (with PEP) by all users having this bot in their roster.

What is the best way to do that ?

Currently, by bot is a service (geobot.<domain>).

I have tried to make my bot use PEP as a regular user (using ejabberd_router:route() to publish its caps and communicate with other entities) and also tried to make it subscribe explicitly to users' PEP geoloc nodes (anyway this don't seem to be supported by ejabberd). Both methods don't work.

So I try to figure out how to do this correctly.

Any idea ?