[ejabberd] Inconsistent subscribed states after a migration

Lionel Dricot zeploum at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 23:44:26 MSD 2008

Hello,

I migrated my server a few weeks ago and I discovered that some of my users
remain offline for their respective contact.

After investigation, it seems that the cause is quite simple :

On my server, the contacts of my users have "to" has a status subscription.
But contacts have, on their respective server, the status "both".

According to the protocol ( http://www.xmpp.org/rfcs/rfc3921.html#int ) it
means that external server believe that they are subscribed to the presence
of my users but that my own server doesn't send this presence.

My question is : how can I change the "to" into a "both" for a given set of
contacts of a given set of user ? (fortunatly, it concerns only a few
users).

Thanks in advance,

Lionel