[ejabberd] defer offline message retreval?

Sergei Golovan sgolovan at nes.ru
Tue Sep 2 19:50:03 MSD 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 6:50 PM, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:

> http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0013.html
>
> But I don't know if that is supported in ejabberd.

XEP-0013 isn't a protocol. It's dirty hack which should never be used.
First, it changes server state after disco query (disco queries are
suitable only for requesting info, and not for changing it). Second,
it uses very poorly suitable disco#items query for retrieving waiting
messages list. As a result disco node is set to a timestamp and name
to a sender's JID, which is ridiculous.

So, I hope ejabberd will never support this ugly XEP.

Cheers!
--
Sergei Golovan