[ejabberd] Strange Latency

Jack Moffitt jack at chesspark.com
Wed Sep 3 19:52:46 MSD 2008

>> Does anyone have an idea where I should look next? Or what could be
>> causing this? I would like to get good measurement of the true latency on
>> the server and it seems right now I can not.
>
> Look at s2s connections. These have already caused the weiredest delays for
> me.

We use almost no s2s connections as most of our users have local
accounts.  Our latency measurements are with local accounts as well.
I should also note that the latency of iq set/response and
get/response inside the components is very, very low.  1ms is common
in our components.  But somewhere within ejabberd these stanzas get
delayed.

jack.