[ejabberd] auth using user & resource combination?

Gabriel Rossetti gabriel.rossetti at arimaz.com
Thu Sep 4 16:58:58 MSD 2008

Badlop wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 12:05 PM, Gabriel Rossetti
> <gabriel.rossetti at arimaz.com> wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to deny access to a user based on it's resource? For exmple :
>>
>> user1 at domain/res1 is allowed access
>> user1 at domain/res2 is denied access
>>
>> in both cases the password was correctly entered.
>>

> The default ejabberd configuration already defines some access, so you
> can simply add this ACL to disallow any login attempt using that
> resource:
> {acl, blocked, {resource, "res2"}}.

Thank you for your reply, I didn't explain myself correctly, actually I
would like to permit only say user1 to access res1, but he could access
any other res (unless permitted to) and no other user could access res1.
I guess I could define a deny for that resource then an allow for user1?
I like to do this dynamically, so I going to send ad-hoc commands. One
thing I couldn't find is if those ad-hoc commands on ACL's are saved or
not. If they aren't, how would I be able to?