[ejabberd] ejabberd sending two different stream starts

Christopher Zorn christopher.zorn at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 18:08:05 MSD 2008

Hello

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 8:44 AM, Stephan Maihöfer <
sma at turtle-entertainment.de> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> in a jabber client library I am currently writing I am having weird
> problems
> on how ejabberd seems to send it's frist and second XMLs. Namely:
>
> <stream:stream xmlns='jabber:client' xmlns:stream='
> http://etherx.jabber.org/streams' id='2153625463' version='1.0'
> xml:lang='en'>
>
> and:
>
> <stream:features><starttls
> xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-tls'/><mechanisms
> xmlns='http://jabber.org/features/iq-register'/<http://jabber.org/features/iq-register%27/>
> ></stream:features>
>

> seem to be sometimes sent together, sometimes seperately. is there any
> explanation for that?
> will i have to build my library so it accepts both?

The explanation may be that it takes some processing time to grab the
features and send them, but it does not matter if they come with
stream:stream or not, as long as they follow it. You will have to build your
library to do both.

> any comments on this?

http://www.xmpp.org/rfcs/rfc3920.html#streams

I hope that link helps.