[ejabberd] to what level is xep-0060 (pub-sub) impelmented

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Thu Sep 4 18:31:03 MSD 2008

Jehan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> maybe also you have noticed that the pubsub XEP has been recently updated.
> See
> http://svn.xmpp.org:18080/browse/XMPP/trunk/extensions/xep-0060.xml?%40diffMode=u&%40diffWrap=s&r1=1749&r2=2184&u=3&ignore=&k=
> <http://svn.xmpp.org:18080/browse/XMPP/trunk/extensions/xep-0060.xml?%40diffMode=u&%40diffWrap=s&r1=1749&r2=2184&u=3&ignore=&k=>
>
> One of the main change is a more advanced hierarchical system, so it is
> directly related to this ticket EJAB-668, though the main point of the
> ticket doesn't change: a node still cannot be both a collection and a
> leaf. Yet now a node can have several fathers (I think there was already
> a mention of this in the previous version, but it was not so clear and
> nodes presented mainly as a typical filesystem tree hierarchy). It is
> now divided in 2 XEPs to explain this. The one about collections (so
> hierarchy) is http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0248.html .
> Anyway I have not read it myself yet... Just to inform because it can be
> interesting to read this improved version (though as I already said, I
> don't think it changes a lot the previous issues, from what I saw in a
> fast glimpse).

IMHO XEP-0248 simply tries to provide a clearer explanation of how
collection nodes and hierarchies work. We moved it from XEP-0060 because
the collection stuff was a bit confusing and also less solid or more
experimental than other aspects of XEP-0060. To further simplify
XEP-0060 we may move other parts of it into separate specifications, too
(a lot of people have complained that XEP-0060 is too big).

/psa