[ejabberd] module dev question

Gabriel Rossetti gabriel.rossetti at arimaz.com
Fri Sep 5 17:21:34 MSD 2008

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to develop a module that will change the way the auth is done
(add some verification on the resource). I have some questions:

1) is that possible?
2) if so, does anyone know of any resources that could be useful?
(posts, tutorials/howtos/examples, etc)

I've never coded anything in Erlang and I haven't written anything using
a functional language in over 2 years (Haskell). I'm currently
evaluating ejabberd against Openfire to see which one fits my needs
better (to be able to write a module/plugin to modify the auth mechanism).

Thank you,
Gabriel