[ejabberd] connection limit in ejabberd

Stephan Maihöfer sma at turtle-entertainment.de
Tue Sep 9 20:28:31 MSD 2008

hi,

this is an strace output of teh ejabberd-process while
suffering from our requests (grepped for AGAIN):

futex(0x66c780, FUTEX_WAIT, 2, NULL)    = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)
futex(0x66c780, FUTEX_WAIT, 2, NULL)    = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)
futex(0x66c780, FUTEX_WAIT, 2, NULL)    = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)
futex(0x66c780, FUTEX_WAIT, 2, NULL)    = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)
read(4, 0x7fffecb0b1f0, 32)             = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)
read(4, 0x7fffecb0b1f0, 32)             = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)
read(4, 0x7fffecb0b1f0, 32)             = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)
read(4, 0x7fffecb0b1f0, 32)             = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)
read(4, 0x7fffecb0b1f0, 32)             = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)
read(4, 0x7fffecb0b1f0, 32)             = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)
TE+sma at devbase1:~$ grep 'AGAIN' strace_hunt  | wc -l
15705
TE+sma at devbase1:~$ cat strace_hunt  | wc -l
239676
TE+sma at devbase1:~$

does this have anything to say?

greetings,