[ejabberd] urn:xmpp:microblog + Atom Feed

Eric Cestari eric at ohmforce.com
Fri Sep 12 14:17:29 MSD 2008

If you want to play with the urn:xmpp:microblog PEP node, I have
deployed it on the server cestari.info.

Inband registration is open, add me as a contact (eric at cestari.info),
and send your PEP publishing IQs to urn:xmpp:microblog.

On the Atom side, the service document is http://www.cestari.info/t/cestari.info/
<USER>/ and the feed is http://www.cestari.info/t/cestari.info/<USER>/
stream/.

Mine is here : http://www.cestari.info/t/cestari.info/eric/stream/

Let's have fun while the bearhugcampers get together in meatspace :)

A few caveat : code is still very fragile. Make sure you send valid
entry elements to your node or via Atom. I recommend using a client.
MarsEdit and ape_server (the Atom testing suite) are known to work.

For easy deployments on other server, you need to have this patches
applied :
and run the latest ejabberd. (cestari.info runs off trunk)
and have my code, which is far from ready for primetime.

Cheers,

Eric

PS : I customized ejabberd so that urn:xmpp:microblog messages are
sent without checking entity cap of the recipient.
Use the Psi XML console to see the messages !