[ejabberd] PubSub weirdness

Dirk Meyer dmeyer at tzi.de
Fri Sep 12 16:51:00 MSD 2008

Hi,

I'm playing with ejabberd 2.0.1 and PubSub/PEP and I noticed some
strange things, maybe it is a bug, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

When I add a new item to a node, I normally get no event notification.
That sounds ok, but if I subscribe I get two for each new item. Even
stranger, when I send my <presence> information to the server, I get
between 50 and 100 events. Maybe because I registered before with the
same base JID? BTW, I register with my full JID.

When I send <configure> or <items> I get an error saying
'pubsub' in 'http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub' unsupported
I guess that is ejabber's way of telling me that these two commands
are not supported. Any plans to at least support items? IMHO it is
important to get all items of a node.

Regards,

Dirk

--
I love my work, I could sit and watch it all day long.