[ejabberd] pubsub_item.DAT getting big

Stephan Maihöfer sma at turtle-entertainment.de
Mon Sep 29 14:51:29 MSD 2008

hi,

any feedback on this? since this really is a major headache right now.

currently we are calling "ejabberdctl delete-expired-messages" every
half hour...that does not really help though, after two days or so that
said file has reached around 800 mb again. once i stop the server,
it wont start up again...ever again. this together with the fact that nodes
cannot be removed in a smooth fashion is really nasty and piles up
nodenames as we speak...

furthermore, once a node goes down, it is absically dead until i
reinstall the server with a clean slate database. how can i adress this?

greetings and thanks in advance,
stephan