[ejabberd] pubsub_item.DAT getting big

Stephan Maihöfer sma at turtle-entertainment.de
Tue Sep 30 14:12:33 MSD 2008

hi,

> i don't know how to read your attachment.

well, i forgot the attachment in the first mail, but
in the second mail you will see a xmpp-session as
logged by PSI that will show you me asking for the
configuration form of a node. the server delivers
the form and you can see that the node is configured
to have #max_items of 2. in the next step i ask the
server to show me what items it stores for the given
node and the answer of the server is a list of five
nodes...which should not be possible with #max_items=2.

> anyway, as you are using your own node type, you can make
> your number if items set to 2 as default configuration like this

i will try this next but it seems to me that ejabberd
does not really respect the node configuration on the
#max_item setting (see above) which is a problem regardless
of wether this workaround works for us or not.

i would love to hear some more feedback on this and
wether i am the only person having such a problem.

greetings,
stephan