[ejabberd] how to send messages from external modules? [WHITELIST]

Yermo Lamers yml at dtlink.com
Sat Apr 4 03:05:03 MSD 2009

Is there anywhere I can get some information on what messages can be
sent from an external module?

Ideally, I'd like to be able to send messages from an external module on
behalf of registered users. For instance I'd like to be able to send a
normal <message/> from the module to a JID and make it appear to come
from another JID such as "customer_support at somehost.com".

I have read the section in the documentation on the service_check_from
config setting. It's not clear from the docs whether it should be set to
true or false.

Either way, regardless of the messages I send out from the external
module I'm getting:

<error code='400' type='modify'><bad-request
xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas'/></error>

According to the logs my external module is connecting and I've got it
set as a target for mod_service_log. That part at least seems to be working.

Any pointers, suggestions, or sample messages would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-- Yermo

Yermo Lamers                                        DTLink, LLC
Co-Founder & Developer                    http://www.dtlink.com

     http://www.collabinvest.net - Instant Social Investing
             Don't invest alone, Profit Together!