[ejabberd] how to send messages from external modules? [WHITELIST]

Xia Qingran qingran.xia at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 07:20:04 MSD 2009

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 7:05 AM, Yermo Lamers <yml at dtlink.com> wrote:
> Is there anywhere I can get some information on what messages can be sent
> from an external module?
>
> Ideally, I'd like to be able to send messages from an external module on
> behalf of registered users. For instance I'd like to be able to send a
> normal <message/> from the module to a JID and make it appear to come from
> another JID such as "customer_support at somehost.com".
>
> I have read the section in the documentation on the service_check_from
> config setting. It's not clear from the docs whether it should be set to
> true or false.
>
> Either way, regardless of the messages I send out from the external module
> I'm getting:
>
> <error code='400' type='modify'><bad-request
> xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas'/></error>
>
> According to the logs my external module is connecting and I've got it set
> as a target for mod_service_log. That part at least seems to be working.
>
> Any pointers, suggestions, or sample messages would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -- Yermo

I think you can run a XMPP web client like JWCHAT and open the
ejabberd's http_bind or http_poll modules for web client's connecting.
BTW, in my test http_bind's performance is much better than http_poll,
because it keeps a persistent connection from client to server.

--
夏清然
Xia Qingran
qingran.xia at gmail.com
Sent from Beijing, 11, China
Samuel Goldwyn  - "I don't think anyone should write their
autobiography until after they're dead."