[ejabberd] freebsd upgrade and now auth failures

Xia Qingran qingran.xia at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 13:25:07 MSD 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:
>> ejabberd starts and terminates and only leaves a sasl.log
>>     <http://archive.psg.com/sasl.log>
>> no ejabberd.log
>>
>> ejabberdctl start starts it!
>
> after a reboot, it starts from /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ejabberd start
>
> i still can not authenicate to it with my old id,
>
> but i can create a new account on it!
>
> and, using that account, i have web admin access
>
> and it is confised whether it is
>    ejabberd at jabber.psg.com
> or
>    ejabberd at localhost
> some things say one, some the other
>
> randy

Can you put your ejabberd.cfg and some logs of
/var/log/ejabberd/ejabberd.log here?

My online running environment is FreeBSD-7.1-amd64 and ejabberd-2.0.3.
I also took use of "portupgrade" to update ejabberd-2.0.3 from
ejabberd-1.1.4_2. Till now it is running well.

--
夏清然
Xia Qingran
qingran.xia at gmail.com

Rita Rudner  - "In Hollywood a marriage is a success if it outlasts milk."