[ejabberd] freebsd upgrade and now auth failures

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Thu Apr 9 11:59:56 MSD 2009

i keep thinking that the priblem is that 2.03 starts as
ejabberd at localhost and 1.x used to be ejabberd at jabber.psg.com.  i could
be wrong in this, of course.

currently, with /etc/rc.conf saying
    ejabberd_node="ejabberd at jabber.psg.com
and /usr/local/ejabberd/ejabberd.ctl saying
    {host, "jabber.psg.com" }.
i then get

    work0.psg.com:/root# ejabberdctl status
    RPC failed on the node ejabberd at localhost: nodedown

    =ERROR REPORT==== 9-Apr-2009::07:46:50 ===
    Error in process <0.33.0> on node 'ejabberdctl at work0' with exit value: {badarg,[{erlang,list_to_existing_atom,["ejabberd at jabber.psg.com"]},{dist_util,recv_challenge,1},{dist_util,handshake_we_started,1}]}

same if i say
    {hosts, [ "jabber.psg.com" ] }.
but no surprise there.

to get it to start at all, i need to have no ejabberd_node= in
/etc/rc.conf

users are screaming, my hair is getting greyer, whine whine whine.

can someone please give me a hint on how to debug this?

randy