[ejabberd] freebsd upgrade and now auth failures

Christoph Mewes christoph.mewes at freiheit.com
Thu Apr 9 15:23:48 MSD 2009

Moin.

> this sounds like it!  there was no ejabberdctl.cfg in the old config so
> i did not dig through it in the new one.  my bad!
>
>> An easy solution is to define as new node name the same than you used
>> in old installation.
>> For example, put in ejabberdctl.cfg:
>>   ERLANG_NODE=ejabberd at jabber.psg.com
>
> progress!  thank you!
>
> work0.psg.com:/root# ejabberdctl status
> RPC failed on the node 'ejabberd at jabber.psg.com': nodedown
>
> =ERROR REPORT==== 9-Apr-2009::10:57:43 ===
> Error in process <0.33.0> on node 'ejabberdctl at work0.psg.com' with exit value: {badarg,[{erlang,list_to_existing_atom,["ejabberd at localhost"]},{dist_util,recv_challenge,1},{dist_util,handshake_we_started,1}]}
>
> i see two oddities
>
>   o 'ejabberdctl at work0.psg.com' that is indeed the hostname, but why is
>     ejabberdctl bound to it?

on debian, the scripts called "uname -n" to find the point to connect
to. i always connected by hand anyway (see ejabberdctl script for how to).

Greets,
Christoph

--
Christoph Mewes
Dipl.-Wi.-Inform.

freiheit.com technologies gmbh
Straßenbahnring 22 / 20251 Hamburg, Germany
fon       +49 (0)40 / 890584-0
fax       +49 (0)40 / 890584-20
HRB Hamburg 70814

FE97 1705 44D3 ED72 1E59  7F3E 2D93 C469 042A 43CD
Geschäftsführer: Claudia Dietze, Stefan Richter, Jörg Kirchhof