[ejabberd] freebsd upgrade and now auth failures

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Thu Apr 9 17:47:34 MSD 2009

work0.psg.com:/root# ejabberdctl mnesia
RPC failed on the node 'ejabberd at jabber.psg.com': nodedown

=ERROR REPORT==== 9-Apr-2009::13:28:41 ===
Error in process <0.33.0> on node 'ejabberdctl at work0.psg.com' with exit value: {badarg,[{erlang,list_to_existing_atom,["ejabberd at localhost"]},{dist_util,recv_challenge,1},{dist_util,handshake_we_started,1}]}

why is it saying on node 'ejabberdctl at work0.psg.com' when
ejabberdctl.cfg says

    ERLANG_NODE=ejabberd at jabber.psg.com

and where is it getting localhost?!?

something else to think about

% host jabber.psg.com
jabber.psg.com has address 147.28.0.35
% host work0.psg.com
work0.psg.com has address 147.28.0.35
work0.psg.com has IPv6 address 2001:418:1::35

i.e. the node name is one of the names of the host, but not the primary
one

it there a way to get the mnesia database to just tell me what the hell
it wants
  the jabber host name to be, and
  the erlang node name to be
in order to match the database and allow auth to the existing accounts?

randy