[ejabberd] Preferred way to post patches for merging?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 15:10:52 MSD 2009

Hi Badlop, ejabberd team,

In the last few months I've posted a few patches that fix bugs and
limitations on the 2.0.x branch -- patches that are relevant to the
OLPC School Server, naturally, but that seem to be useful to others as
well.

Strangely I have never gotten any reply from P1 or anyone with commit
access. Now, this may well be because my patches suck, or perhaps more
subtle (yet valid) reasons.

For the record, I am happy to cleanup and rework patches, conform to
commit message style, code style, release the copyright, etc. My goals
are to minimise the patches I carry and to benefit the larger ejabberd
community (and that includes P1 :-) ).

Any hints?

Patches that may be of interest and apply to the tip of 2.0.x as of today...
http://lists.jabber.ru/pipermail/ejabberd/2009-April/004891.html
http://lists.jabber.ru/pipermail/ejabberd/2009-April/004892.html
http://lists.jabber.ru/pipermail/ejabberd/2009-February/004693.html

BTW, if it is a matter of not telling me that my code is horrible,
don't worry, I've gotten my code merged in many projects, but I'm no
stranger to rejections:
http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/git/2006/6/24/207448

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com