[ejabberd] Allow new user registration from defined range of IP

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 23:39:28 MSD 2009

2009/3/31 Дмитрий Сиваченко <mitya at cavia.pp.ru>:
> Is there any possibility to allow new user registration only when client
> connects from some range of IP (defined in config file)?
>
> I am using ejabberd-1.1.2, but I can upgrade to any recent version
> if needed.

This was not implemented, but in ejabberd trunk SVN is was not much
difficult to implement.

I've uploaded a proposed patch for ejabberd trunk SVN here:
  Option to restrict which IPs are allowed to register account

I tested it briefly, so more testing are feedback is welcomed :)

---
Badlop,
ProcessOne