[ejabberd] ejabberd with big msgs?

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Mon Apr 27 17:01:40 MSD 2009

Hello,

Please, have a look at the traffic shapers. The default with limit the
rate at which you can send those messages.
Note that large inband content is not adequate for XMPP as it require to
keep a large parsing state (and to parse all the binary content as XMPP
is not a framed protocol).
The drawback is that you will consume more memory.

Gabriel Rossetti wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am using ejabberd to send big msgs (files in base64 encoding) that
> are a couple hundred kb to a mb. I am seeing a really long wait in
> between the time the msg is sent by client 1 and the time when client
> 2 receives it. Is there a known problem with messages of this size?
> The network connection doesn't seem to be the problem.
>
> Thank you,
> Gabriel

Mickaël Rémond
 http://www.process-one.net/