[ejabberd] ejabberd with big msgs?

Konstantin Khomoutov flatworm at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 29 19:05:51 MSD 2009

Gabriel Rossetti wrote:

> What would be a proper solution for the problem you bring up? I looked
> on the ejabberd website and neither of the two file transfer XEPs are
> supported by ejabberd.
What about just splitting the payload to be transferred into several
stanzas? As with TCP, XML stanzas are guaranteed to arrive in the order
they were sent, so assembling the resulting payload at the receiving
side is as easy as counting received segments.
Provided you transfer the number of sections/bytes to expect with the
first chunk of data (or via some kind of the handshake process preceding
the actual transfer), such re-assembling appears to be rather trivial to
implement.

I suggest you to look at XEP-0047 ("In-band bytestreams").
You not necessarily have to use it as is, but you can draw some ideas
from it.