[ejabberd] Ejabberd freezing randomly

Nikolaus Polak nik at np-edv.at
Thu Apr 30 00:27:21 MSD 2009

----- "Taner Taş" <taner at pardus.org.tr> schrieb:

> I have weird problem with my ejabberd installation. Service freezes
> randomly without any dump file or helping log message. No connection
> through web interface or through jabber-port is possible.
>
> I have realized some strange stiuation while running process command
> below
> (# /erlang/erts-5.6.5/bin/beam.smp -- -root ...) on console. During
> problem occurs again, i suspended process with ctrl-Z then send it to
> background with "bg". After calling the process to foreground with
> "fg",
> ejabberd came alive without cancel-restart operation. I'm not shure is
> it
> related with erlang or ejabberd.

I'm not sure if i understood correctly... you're wondering why Ejabberd
is not working correctly when you use strg-z ? As i know strg-z
pauses/halts the process, and i think this is a situation Ejabberd is
not made for. If you don't like initscripts perhaps you could use
GNU screen instead ?

--
Nikolaus Polak

Http://np-edv.at        IM/Xmpp: nik at linuxlovers.at
Smtp: nik at np-edv.at       Mobile: +43 676 842266 22
Fleischmarkt 5    AUT-9020 Klagenfurt am Wörthersee