[ejabberd] mod_ctrlextra, shared roster groups and more pubsub fun...

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 20:27:52 MSD 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 12:47 AM, Badlop <badlop at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/2/16 Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com>:
>> When you say this works, if you have 2 client connections _before you
>> start those 3 steps_ both see the 'group1' creation, and eachother as
>> soon as the 3 steps are completed? Without reconnecting?
>
> Yes, it works immediately.

I am sorry to resurrect this "solved" thread. Frankly, I am still
having trouble in this space.

Back in February, when the discussion took place, I was working with a
patched 2.0.1 and patched 2.0.3. I couldn't get 2.0.3 - patched or
vanilla - do behave as Badlop describes, which is:

> I have tried again, using ejabberd 2.0.3 + mod_ctlextra, and I get
> again my good results:
> 1. create accounts user1 and user2
> 2. login to both accounts. they get empty rosters, as there isn't any
> SRG yet, and the accounts were just created
> 3. ejabberdctl srg-create group1 localhost g1name g1desc group1
> 4. ejabberdctl srg-user-add user1 localhost group1 localhost
> 5. ejabberdctl srg-user-add user2 localhost group1 localhost
> 6. Immediately after 5., both users get the other user as contact, and
> their presences.

When I play this game, user1 sees user2, but user2 does not see user1
in the SRG.

Back then, I assumed there was a problem with my setup, and moved on
with life. Eventually, I managed to get the @online@ patch working and
handling this scenario right.

Now, I also need to get conventional SRGs working well for the School
Server, and it isn't working correctly. I drop all my patches, install
a clean ejabberd 2.0.3, and still it doesnt' work... :-/

Any hints?

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions