[ejabberd] Anonymous users versus registered users in ejabberd

Dennis Petschull d.petschull at two4.it
Sun Aug 2 19:21:37 MSD 2009

Dear all,

Sorry for warming up this rather old topic, but I'm faced with similar
problems at the moment.
I am successfuly running ejabberd-2.0.3 on ubuntu-server, and also have set up
a shared roster with an "everybody"-group (@all@)

If I now log in via SASL Anonymous, I can see the anonymous user online in the
web-admin-interface. In the roster of the anonymous user, the "everybody"
group shows up, but it is empty. Also, the anonymous user does not show up in
the "everybody"-group for any other user of the vhost.

So, repeating Marks question, what is the expected behaviour of ejabberd when
an sasl anonymous user logs in?

@Mark: What have you done, that the anonymous user has all the other users on
his roster?

Thanks!