[ejabberd] Anonymous users versus registered users in ejabberd

Dennis Petschull d.petschull at two4.it
Mon Aug 3 01:25:33 MSD 2009

Hi,

Ok, but if I use the following config:
{host_config, "example.com", [{auth_method, [internal, anonymous]},
                                     {allow_multiple_connections, false},
                                     {anonymous_protocol, both}]}.

Now, if I understand right, both internal and anonymous users can log in using
example.com accounts, and both have the everybody-group in their roster. But
for anonymous users, this group is always empty and for internal users, they
don't see the anonymous users in this group.

So you are saying that this is the expected behaviour? Then why does the
everybody-group appear in the anonymous users roster in the first place, if it
is always empty?

Cheers,
Dennis

--