[ejabberd] strange stanza size problem w/ "max_stanza_size, infinity"

Gabriel Rossetti gabriel.rossetti at arimaz.com
Mon Aug 3 20:35:39 MSD 2009

Badlop wrote:
> 2009/8/3 Gabriel Rossetti <gabriel.rossetti at arimaz.com>:
>
>> I tried to set "max_stanza_size" to something smaller than 10179 and
>> then send a msg that has a size greater than that limit but smaller than
>> 10179 and it works, if I the msg is greater than 10179 then it doesn't
>> work, is "max_stanza_size" broken?
>>

> Not broken. The stanza size calculation is implemented to be efficient
> (primary objective) and precise (secondary goal). As it isn't 100%
> precise, max_stanza_size is not guaranteed to get the exact size of
> each stanza, only an approximation.
>

> The ejabberd Guide 2.0.5 says:
>

>> {max_stanza_size, Size}
>> This option specifies an approximate maximum size in bytes of XML stanzas.
>> Approximate, because it is calculated with the precision of one block of readed data.
>>

> Related links:
>
> http://www.process-one.net/en/ejabberd/guide_en#listened
>
> max_stanza_size not working in mod_http_bind?
> http://lists.jabber.ru/pipermail/ejabberd/2009-April/004871.html
>
> Change direction of rounding when calculating size in xml_stream
> https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-928
>

> ---
> Badlop
> ProcessOne

Thank you for your answer, but how come if I set it to "infinity" it
does that too (and always with msgs longer than 10179)? As I stated in
my 1st msg if I use a local ejabberd server it works fine, if I use a
remote ejabberd I have this problem. Both servers have the same OS, same
ejabberd version, exact same config file.

Thanks,
Gabriel