[ejabberd] cluster nodes disconnections

Fabio Forno fabio.forno at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 14:32:57 MSD 2009

HI,
I'm doing some experiments with clustering in ejabberd and I've some questions:

- what happens when when a node disconnects for network problems (I'm
simulating the networks problems by tearing down the network
interface)? When the problems are gone Do I need to restart the node?
I haven't found a deterministic behavior, sometimes it seems to be
able to reconnect others not?
- same question for odbc authentication. The disconnected node is
configured for authenticating users against mysql, but once the node
got disconnected it wasn't able to authenticate users any more, as if
it used the main node of the cluster for authentication too, instead
of opening a direct connection to the db

--
Fabio Forno, Ph.D.
Bluendo srl http://www.bluendo.com
jabber id: ff at jabber.bluendo.com