[ejabberd] cluster nodes disconnections

fulan Peng fulanpeng at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 19:39:52 MSD 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 10:32 AM, Fabio Forno<fabio.forno at gmail.com> wrote:
> HI,
> I'm doing some experiments with clustering in ejabberd and I've some questions:
>
> - what happens when when a node disconnects for network problems (I'm
> simulating the networks problems by tearing down the network
> interface)? When the problems are gone Do I need to restart the node?
> I haven't found a deterministic behavior, sometimes it seems to be
> able to reconnect others not?

My experience is that if the master node is down, other nodes no
longer be able to  restart. They can keep running when the the master
going down.

> - same question for odbc authentication. The disconnected node is
> configured for authenticating users against mysql, but once the node
> got disconnected it wasn't able to authenticate users any more, as if
> it used the main node of the cluster for authentication too, instead
> of opening a direct connection to the db

How did you set up your nodes authentication? If it is internal, it
will use Mnesia. If you set up Mysql, it will use Mysql. If you set up
for Mysql and Mysql is down, it will no loger be able to authenticate
users.