[ejabberd] LDAP schema

Viva Perversia viva at perversia.net
Tue Aug 18 02:41:57 MSD 2009

Hi

On my server I'm using LDAP to manage accounts of the hosted domains
(settings for mail, ftp, spam/virus). A few days ago I launched my
jabber-server (running with ejabberd). To integrate jabber into my
existing structure I wrote a litte schema. Interested people can take a
look: http://files.perversia.net/pub/phamm/jabber.schema
The OID is registered by IANA

With these settings in ejabberd.cfg the authentication works without any
trouble:
%% LDAP attribute that holds user ID:
{ldap_uids, [{"jabberID", "%u@%d"}]}.
%%
%% LDAP filter:
{ldap_filter, "(objectClass=posixAccount)(objectClass=jabberAccount)"}.
{ldap_local_filter, {equal, {"jabberAccess",["TRUE"]}}}.

I would like to add an attribute for admin-accounts. Is there a way to
tell ejabberd to search in LDAP-tree for that?
My server runs multiple domains. To add a domain to ejabberd I have to
add it to ejabberd.cfg & restart the service. Could ejabberd configured
to serve all entries (with a special attribute) from a LDAP-tree. And
will it automatically add newly created domains?

Thanks & cheers

--
https://perversia.net

Public Key: https://perversia.net/keys/viva@perversia.net_public_key.asc
Fingerprint: DEBB F132 1E09 8DC7 7901  3770 8EF7 701D 6628 57C9
Jabber-ID: viva at perversia.net