[ejabberd] Unsucessful LDAP validation with some users

Konstantin Khomoutov flatworm at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Aug 19 19:56:06 MSD 2009

J. Ernesto wrote:
[...]
> root at chat:/var/log/ejabberd# ldapsearch -W -x -b "DC=mydomain,DC=com" -D
> admin at mydomain.com -h myserver.mydomain.com -LLL
> "(&(objectClass=user)(sAMAccountName=rmn.informatica))"
The request made by ejabberd as demonstrated by your previous post
clearly differs from the request made by this call to ldapsearch.

What ejabberd requested can be reconstructed as being
"(&(sAMAccountName=rmn.informatica)(memberOf=*))".

The domain names also differ but I guess you edited them in the command
above.

Anyway, looks like we need you to post the relevant parts of your
ejabberd config.
`grep ldap /etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.cfg` should be OK after removing any
passwords from it.