[ejabberd] Installing from source issue.

Tharindu Madushanka tharindufit at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 15:13:57 MSD 2009

Hi

Thank you very much, I was able to make, make install successfully. Then I
used the command 'ejabberdctl start' which did not report any issues.but
when I type 'ejabberdctl status'
The node ejabberd at localhost is started with status: started
ejabberd is not running in that node
Check for error messages: //var/log/ejabberd/ejabberd.log
or other files in that directory.

In log final final lines say something about database has not been started
properly

=INFO REPORT==== 2009-08-21 16:21:08 ===
I(<0.35.0>:ejabberd_rdbms:37) : ejabberd has not been compiled with
relational database support. Skipping database startup.

=ERROR REPORT==== 2009-08-21 16:21:09 ===
E(<0.476.0>:ejabberd_listener:447) : Failed to open socket:
  {5222,ejabberd_c2s,[inet,{ip,{0,0,0,0}}]}
Reason: IP address and port number already used: 0.0.0.0 5222

=INFO REPORT==== 2009-08-21 16:21:09 ===
    application: ejabberd
    exited: {bad_return,{{ejabberd_app,start,[normal,[]]},
                         {normal,{child,
                                     undefined,
                                     {5222,{0,0,0,0},tcp},
                                     {ejabberd_listener,
                                         start,
                                         [{5222,{0,0,0,0},tcp},
                                          ejabberd_c2s,
                                          [{access,c2s},
                                           {shaper,c2s_shaper},
                                           {max_stanza_size,65536}]]},
                                     transient,
                                     brutal_kill,
                                     worker,
                                     [ejabberd_listener]}}}}
    type: temporary

Sorry for dumping the mailing list with these error messages, I think I must
have done something wrong this time. Do I need to additionally setup data
bases.

Thank you,
Tharindu Madushanka
http://tharindufit.wordpress.com