[ejabberd] Failed install with 2.1.0beta2

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Mon Aug 24 01:22:33 MSD 2009

Hi,

On 2009/08/22, at 08:50, Augustine Ike wrote:

>    I just installed mine on Debian Lenny 5. and Centos 5 without any
> problem. What I sometimes do in situations like this is to open two
> consoles and "tail -f" on /var/log/message and /var/log/syslog during
> the installation. This will reveal a whole lot more.

the installer doesn't log to syslog, but I found a /tmp/
bitrock_installer.log file. The last part of the file looks like this:

Error executing post installation script
/home/xmpp/local/ejabberd-2.1.0_beta2/bin/postinstall.sh
\bin/ejabberdctl: line 242: cd: /home/xmpp/local/bin: No such file or
directory
bin/ejabberdctl: line 122: exec: erlexec: not found
bin/ejabberdctl: line 242: cd: /home/xmpp/local/bin: No such file or
directory
bin/ejabberdctl: line 184: erlexec: command not found
[...]
Creating Uninstaller
Creating uninstaller 25%
Creating uninstaller 50%
Creating uninstaller 75%
Creating uninstaller 100%
Installation completed
Log finished 08/23/2009 at 15:18:27

It seems to me that there is a disconnect between the postinstall
script and the ejabberdctl file.

> Just Curious: Is your VOS plan based off Version 4 or 5?

No idea, its a recent OpenVZ.

Best regards,