[ejabberd] mod_pubsub_odbc error report

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 01:30:48 MSK 2009

2009/12/2 Mark <mark at mitsein.net>:
> I'm running ejabberd 2.1.0 on gentoo linux with erlang 12B5
>
> =ERROR REPORT==== 2009-12-02 11:46:16 ===
> E(<0.264.0>:mod_pubsub_odbc:3550) : transaction return internal error:
> {'EXIT',
> {noproc,
> {sys,
> get_status,
> ['ejabberd_odbc_sup_jaertetsorceforge.domain.com',
> 500]}}}
>
> ejabberd_odbc_sup_jaertetsorceforge.domain.com confuses me because my domain
> is actually jabbertest.sourceforge.domain.com so something is getting
> munged.

I imagine you put something like this in your ejabberd.cfg:
{hosts, ["jabbertest.sourceforge.domain.com"]}.
{modules, [
  {mod_pubsub_odbc, [
    {host, "jabbertest.sourceforge.domain.com"},
  ]},
]}.

That config is wrong, because it sets the same JID for the XMPP server
and the Pubsub service.

Better put this option:
{hosts, ["jabbertest.sourceforge.domain.com"]}.
{modules, [
  {mod_pubsub_odbc, [
    {host, "pubsub. at HOST@"},
  ]},