[ejabberd] exmpp and BOSH

Ian Wilkinson the.ian.wilkinson at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 7 23:01:24 MSK 2009

Hi,

I'm looking to adopt Strophe as client-side library, and following the
reading
of http://metajack.im/2008/10/03/getting-attached-to-strophe/, I'm
attempting
to discover how to obtain the Request ID from the session created with
exmpp_session:connect_BOSH/4.

There is strong comment that exmpp_bosh should not be called by client
developers (I had noticed exmpp_bosh:reset_parser/1 gave visibility of the
rid).

So, for the moment I am struggling to discover the correct method for
obtaining the Request ID I can then use with Strophe.

Any help very welcome (and it may be I am betraying ignorance on XMPP
usage).

many thanks,
ian