[ejabberd] Some doubts with ejabberd

Eric Cestari eric at ohmforce.com
Wed Dec 9 17:01:05 MSK 2009

> Is it normal to it always display 0 registered users, even if we are
> able to use any of the users from LDAP?
Yes. The LDAP module does not return this information.

> On the web management interface, at Users Last Activity part. It
> doesn't display any kind of activity. Is it OK? What kind of data it
> is expected to be displayed there, please?
Should indicate the time the user logged off last time.

> Also, is it possible to automatically add all users from the server to
> all accounts? For example, if any user logins, he will see all the
> other users already included on his contact list, without the need to
> manually add them. Is it possible?

Yes !
http://www.ejabberd.im/shared-roster-all should give you the information you need.
(Example 1 is the one you want)

> Are all the message logs stored somewhere? If we need to see all the
> messages that an user sent and received, is it possible?

Not by default. You'd need a custom module intercepting everything. I think ProcessOne has an offering regarding this feature.

Regards,
	Eric