[ejabberd] exmpp and BOSH

Pablo Polvorin pablo.polvorin at process-one.net
Wed Dec 9 22:07:25 MSK 2009

Hi Ian,
I'm not sure to understand what is your intended scenario. Why do you
need exmpp_bosh if your final
goal is to use strophe?.

Anyway, you are right,  currently there is no way to obtain the
initial request ID after calling
exmpp_session:connect_BOSH/4.
Why do you need it?, it is only the initial request ID, or the last
request ID sent?.  It could be added to the exmpp API if there is a
need for this.

2009/12/7 Ian Wilkinson <the.ian.wilkinson at googlemail.com>:
> Hi,
> I'm looking to adopt Strophe as client-side library, and following the
> reading
> of http://metajack.im/2008/10/03/getting-attached-to-strophe/, I'm
> attempting
> to discover how to obtain the Request ID from the session created with
> exmpp_session:connect_BOSH/4.
> There is strong comment that exmpp_bosh should not be called by client
> developers (I had noticed exmpp_bosh:reset_parser/1 gave visibility of the
> rid).
> So, for the moment I am struggling to discover the correct method for
> obtaining the Request ID I can then use with Strophe.
> Any help very welcome (and it may be I am betraying ignorance on XMPP
> usage).
> many thanks,
> ian

Pablo Polvorin