[ejabberd] Lost messages during test

Oliver Schmidt oliver.schmidt.wue at arcor.de
Fri Dec 11 12:21:33 MSK 2009

Greetings,

I have two eJabberd nodes which host different users (in order to provide
different groups an own node). The users can talk to each other,
therefore, I allowed s2s_default_policy.

Sometimes, I stress-test the nodes using the Jabber Test Suite. Today, I
noticed some strange behaviour never encountered before: When I send 1000
messages with a delay of 1 microsecond, all messages are successfully
delivered from node_1 to node_2 and then to the user on node_2. But if I
try it with 100 messages (all of 100 Bytes length), only about 50% arrive.

Do you have a clue for this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

O.Schmidt