[ejabberd] Migration from mod_privacy to mod_privacy_odbc

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 19:23:44 MSK 2009

2009/12/13 Yann Leboulanger <asterix at lagaule.org>:
> I'd like to know if there is a way to migrate from mod_privacy to
> mod_privacy_odbc without loosing data? And same with mod_pubsub and
> mod_private.

If you install mod_admin_extra, you can execute this:
$ ejabberdctl export2odbc example.org /tmp/

That will export from Mnesia tables into SQL files.
Then you import the corresponding files to the SQL database,
change ejabberd configuration to use the ODBC modules,
and restart ejabberd.

That works for last, offline, passwd, private_storage, roster, vcard,
vcard_search.

However, I just noticed mod_pubsub doesn't provide any way to export
from Mnesia table to ODBC files. I've added a new ticket:
  Export PubSub data from Mnesia tables to SQL files

---
Badlop
ProcessOne