[ejabberd] Migration from mod_privacy to mod_privacy_odbc

Yann Leboulanger asterix at lagaule.org
Mon Dec 14 21:37:28 MSK 2009

Badlop wrote:
> 2009/12/14 Yann Leboulanger <asterix at lagaule.org>:
>> Thanks for that, I'll do it for mod_private. But what about privacy
>> lists from mod_privacy?
>
> Oh, there isn't an export feature explicit for that module. So another ticket:
>   Export privacy lists data from Mnesia tables to SQL files
>   https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-1127
>
> Maybe for privacy lists you can use somehow the feature previously
> mentioned by Pablo Polvorin.

I don't think it will work for privacy lists. But anyway exmpp doesn't
seem to be available in Debian. I compiled it and installed it, but
jabberd doesn't seem to find it. Maybe I have to re-compile ejabberd
with exmpp support?? But I won't.

I tried $ ejabberdctl export2odbc example.org /tmp/, as you suggested,
but I got those errors for each .txt file:
(mod_admin_extra is enabled)

# ejabberdctl export2odbc domain.org ../
Trying to export Mnesia table 'last' on Host 'domain.org' to file
'../last.txt'
  Result: {'EXIT',{{badmatch,{error,eacces}},
                   [{ejd2odbc,export_common,4},
                    {mod_admin_extra,'-export2odbc/2-fun-0-',3},
                    {lists,foreach,2},
                    {mod_admin_extra,export2odbc,2},
                    {ejabberd_ctl,call_command,3},
                    {ejabberd_ctl,try_call_command,3},