[ejabberd] ACL/access rules question

Konstantin Khomoutov flatworm at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Dec 21 13:38:54 MSK 2009

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 11:17:33 +0100, Gabriel Rossetti
<gabriel.rossetti at arimaz.com> wrote:

> I have the following ACLs & access rules :
>
> {acl, lts, {user_regexp, "^lts_[0-9]+$"}}.
> {acl, lts_update, {user, "update", "test.com"}}.
>
> {access, max_user_sessions, [{infinity, lts_update}, {1, lts}, {10,
> local}]}.
> {access, local, [{allow, local}]}.
>
> I configured the lts_update ACL to allow that user to have several
> resources at once, the lts ACL to be limited to one at a time but I
> don't understand what the "{10, local}" part does though, could someone
> please enlighten me on it?

Supposedly it sets the maximum number of allowed resources to 10 for the
users
matching the "local" ACL, which is again supposedly defined by the stock
configuration
file you did not bother to study as a whole before editing.
Usually it is defined to mean all local users (registered on your server).
I think you can safely delete it if you want.