[ejabberd] error while creating admin user

Gabriel Rossetti gabriel.rossetti at arimaz.com
Mon Dec 21 13:47:20 MSK 2009

Hello everyone, I just installed a new server and ejabberd and when I
tried to create the admin user I got this :

~# ejabberdctl register admin test.com 12345
RPC failed on the node ejabberd at srv1: {'EXIT',
                                       {badarg,
                                        [{erlang,port_control,
                                          [stringprep_port,1,"test.com"]},
                                         {stringprep,control,2},
                                         {jlib,nameprep,1},
                                         {ejabberd_auth,auth_modules,1},
                                         {ejabberd_auth,is_user_exists,2},
                                         {ejabberd_auth,try_register,3},
                                         {ejabberd_ctl,process,1},
                                         {rpc,'-handle_call/3-fun-0-',5}]}}

The logs don't contain anything more, I am using version 2.0.1-2 and I
checked to make sure ejabberd was running.
Does anyone know what is wrong?

Thank you,
Gabriel