[ejabberd] Enable File Transfer with proxy.eu.jabber.org Server

Javier Marta fpinion at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 10:57:34 MSK 2009

Tharindu Madushanka <tharindufit <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Javier Marta,My client is based on xmppframework.. an open source
objective-c jabber client library.. here in xep065 I just needed to set file
transfer server as jabber.org.. then during the process it can query and find
proxy.eu.jabber.org and 7777 as port.In ejabberd server. I only used minimum
configuration for file transfer.. just {mod_65, [] },so the problem was with
client.. if we are using public proxy.. you can do it with client side. I
think.. if we are configuring our server to file transfer.. it may need to
configure.. that I failed :(Thanks and Best Regards,Tharindu Madushanka

Hi,
Thanks! Now the file transfer with clients inside our LAN is already working
with the minumum configuration in the server side. The problem was that I was
trying to transfer files from a pidgin client inside a virtual machine (that
access the LAN via NAT).

Now, I'd like to configurate the proxy to let that clients using NAT o staying
behind a firewall can do file transfers as well! Any suggestion as a starting
point would be appreciated!

Regards,

J. Marta