[ejabberd] Client socket blocked when sending large stanza

Vincent BARAT vincent.barat at ubikod.com
Fri Feb 6 15:18:56 MSK 2009

Hello,

We face a big issue here at Ubikod. It happens randomly (but often) that sending a big stanza (an avatar or VCard image in our case) seems to block the client's output socket (as if the server had stopped reading on it).

The client is not disconnected, is blocked on a native write call on the socket, and the server never respond, nor close the connection (our client is still considered as connected).
It happens esspecially when there is several XMPP requests pending.

Is there any known issue or fix that could be related to this ?

Is there a way to add some traces in ejabberd that could help in finding the solution ?

Thank for your help.