[ejabberd] mod_xmlrpc - listen on a unix socket?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 03:17:13 MSK 2009

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 12:14 AM, Badlop <badlop at gmail.com> wrote:
> mod_xmlrpc relies in the Erlang library 'xmlrpc' for managing the XML-RPC stuff.
>
> If the mentioned library supports what you want, then probably
> mod_xmlrpc can be improved to use that feature. Otherwise, then
> probably it can't be improved.
>
> Looking at its documentation, it seems the library always listens in
> some IP address.

True. Also, mod_xmlrpc cannot handle the shared roster group stuff, so...

> Other possibility (only works in ejabberd trunk SVN) is to call
> ejabberdctl in the system shell. In that case, the commands are
> implemented in mod_admin_extra instead of mod_xmlrpc.

Indeed. I'm leaning towards using the contrib mod_ctlextra from the
commandline. It requires some sudo or suid scripts, which is a bit
messy, but will work.

> https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-694

Exactly my thoughts on the matter -- expose the same API for
manipulation to various channels / protocols.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions