[ejabberd] mod_ctrlextra, shared roster groups and more pubsub fun...

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 08:12:40 MSK 2009

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 12:08 AM, Badlop <badlop at gmail.com> wrote:
> Note this difference:

I'm a dunce. Thanks for the clarification.

Playing a bit more with things, I think this is indeed a bug.

 #1 install ejabberd 2.0.3 with mod_ctlextra
 #2 start to gaim sessions, with one user each
 #3 use mod_ctlextra to create an populate the group like this
     $ ejabberdctl srg-create group1 localhost G1 G1 G1
     $ ejabberdctl srg-user-add user1 localhost G1 localhost
     $ ejabberdctl srg-user-add user2 localhost G1 localhost

 at this point, user1 sees user2, but user2 cannot see user1.

Looking at the logs {loglevel, 5}, I see 2 lines with "roster changed
for %user", one for each user. That sounds correct, but the pubsub
push isn't happening for user2.

Any further hints?

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com