[ejabberd] Extracting some data from ejabberd database dump?

Konstantin Khomoutov flatworm at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Feb 13 18:31:44 MSK 2009

koniczynek wrote:
> Is there a way to extract and load to the database only some part of the
> database backup file generated with ejabberdctl backup command?
I think it's impossible to do using any tools shipped with ejabberd.
On the other hand, ejabberd uses standard Mnesia functions to manage
backups. This means, you can work with such backups programmatically
(using Erlang) via the standard Mnesia API. Look at traverse_backup
function in [1] for instance. The Mnesia User's Guide [2] also worth
reading to get the "big picture".

1. http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/mnesia.html
2. http://www.erlang.org/doc/apps/mnesia/part.html