[ejabberd] mod_ctrlextra, shared roster groups and more pubsub fun...

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 14:38:23 MSK 2009

2009/2/4 Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com>:
> ejabberd 2.0.1 plus mod_ctlextra (r814 from SVN). Playing around with
> 2 clients...
>
>  $ ejabberdctl srg-create group1 localhost G1 G1 G1
>  $ ejabberdctl srg-user-add user1 localhost G1 localhost
>  $ ejabberdctl srg-user-add user2 localhost G1 localhost
>
> at this point, user1 sees user2, but user2 cannot see user1.

A SRG is identified by the groupid (group1), not by the Name argument (G1).
You need to fix your calls.

I tried ejabberd 2.0.3 + mod_ctlextra trunk svn r814 and this works:
ejabberdctl srg-create group1 localhost g1name g1desc group1
ejabberdctl srg-user-add user1 localhost group1 localhost
ejabberdctl srg-user-add user2 localhost group1 localhost

Also tried ejabberd trunk svn + mod_admin_extra svn r887 and works:
ejabberdctl srg_create group1 localhost g1name g1desc group1
ejabberdctl srg_user_add user1 localhost group1 localhost
ejabberdctl srg_user_add user2 localhost group1 localhost

Can you try this change and confirm that the problem was in your calls?

I'll later update the related ticket

---
Badlop,
ProcessOne