[ejabberd] mod_ctrlextra, shared roster groups and more pubsub fun...

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 23:48:01 MSK 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 12:38 AM, Badlop <badlop at gmail.com> wrote:
>> at this point, user1 sees user2, but user2 cannot see user1.
>
> A SRG is identified by the groupid (group1), not by the Name argument (G1).
> You need to fix your calls.

Sorry. I simplified my sample test calls for the report. I just
checked my tests and I use the same string for both groupid and name.
So I've been testing with

 ejabberdctl srg-create c1 schoolserver.xs.hp.laptop.org c1 course c1
 ejabberdctl srg-user-add <very-long-userid>
schoolserver.xs.hp.laptop.org c1 schoolserver.xs.hp.laptop.org

etc. But I can confirm that the calls are not a problem.

> I tried ejabberd 2.0.3 + mod_ctlextra trunk svn r814 and this works:
> ejabberdctl srg-create group1 localhost g1name g1desc group1
> ejabberdctl srg-user-add user1 localhost group1 localhost
> ejabberdctl srg-user-add user2 localhost group1 localhost

When you say this works, if you have 2 client connections _before you
start those 3 steps_ both see the 'group1' creation, and eachother as
soon as the 3 steps are completed? Without reconnecting?

(Here, "it works" in the sense that if I connect _afterwards_ I see
presence/pubsub working right. But it doesn't work "immediately" if
I'm connected...)

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions